May 16, 2024, 02:47:07 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

More Hollywood Control for the HC-8+

Started by JonnyMac, March 17, 2013, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

March 17, 2013, 07:50:02 PM Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:29:09 PM by JonnyMac
My friends at Steve Wang's Biomorphs called us in again and we used two HC-8+s in another display. Once the display goes public (this week) I will put up more pictures. This is a really cool display and, once again, the client was thrilled with Steve's team and the lighting control we provided using the HC-8+s.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Here's the source artwork from Riot Games.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

March 23, 2013, 12:32:50 PM #2 Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:37:30 PM by JonnyMac
And here's what Steve Wang and his incredible team at Biomorphs created -- with a little electronics help from EFX-TEK.

Even thought his comes from a game, it was hand-sculpted from scratch (a lot of WED clay over an armature. The scuplts were done in three pieces: head, body, exploding bomb. From each a multi-part silicone mold was made (supported with fiberglass jackets). The rock structure was hot-wire sculpted from EPS and then coated and painted.

The details are incredible. For example, the teeth are dental acrylic, the face and lips are silicone, the hair around the face and ears is hand-punched.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Found a video from PAX. The red-on-red lighting kind of takes away from the vibrancy in the piece; you can see the richness of colors in the images above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aADwZjC140
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Jon,

I can say with Steve's work and with your electronics touch brings the life out of whatever his team is making at the time.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut