May 18, 2024, 01:58:57 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Audio input

Started by davisgraveyard, June 09, 2007, 11:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisgraveyard

Is there a way to create a trigger that is based on an audio signal?    I want to start a sequence once audio is started.   I want have a DVD that plays and once audio starts on the DVD I want to start the routine in the controller.   Is there a device that can take an audio input and trigger once an audio signal is detected?

Jeff

Clad In Shadows

Jon answered a similar question in the prop-2 section.

Here's the link to scary Terry's website with a solution.

http://www.scary-terry.com/more_stuff/tonedet/tonedet.htm

Hope this is what you're looking for.

davisgraveyard

I was sort of hoping for a "off the shelf" solution.  I don't want to have to make my own circut if I can help it.    I also wasn't looking for something quite as precise as Terry's solution.  I just need to be able to detect any incoming signal on a audio output and then trigger a prop-1.   Sort of like the PIR sensor but instead of motion it is triggered by a audio signal of any kind.   I don't want the device to have a microphone just a audio input jack and if that line produces audio the device triggers the prop-1.

davisgraveyard

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  Perfect for what I want to do.  It even runs on 12V DC so I can route power from the Prop-1 to it.

I am going to have a DVD in a loop with a 2 minute delay.  Every time the vide begins there will be a music sound track that starts.  When the music starts this will trigger the board to start the Prop-1 which will be waiting for input from a trigger.  When the Prop-1 routine is done it go back to waiting for the trigger and when the video loops back again with audio it will start all over again.

Thanks for the links I bought one and we will see how it works out!