May 18, 2024, 01:58:32 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Output max current??

Started by john@thedevils-den, September 22, 2007, 07:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john@thedevils-den

When it comes to figuring what you are pulling through the prop1's ULN, what can I figure a solid state relay draws? I am using a crydom csd2440 if that helps.......along with a 12v valve at 250 mA's and 2 LED spots at 60 mA's each.....should I be safe? Thanks.

JonnyMac

I had to hunt a bit, but is seems that the CSD series relays take 15 mA at 5v; if you're using the 12v output of the Prop-1 you can expect that the relay will take about 35 or so mA -- no worries at all, the ULN can handle this is spades.  Connect the + control input of the relay to V+, the - control input to OUTx.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

john@thedevils-den

Excellent, thanks for your help once again........I am getting ready to experiment with the audio using the AP-8 for the first time, so I will more than likely have questions......Thanks...

JonnyMac

Please read the docs before you play as that will save you asking a lot of questions that are already covered.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office