May 18, 2024, 05:10:50 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Anyone tried the new parallax ServoPALs with Prop controllers?

Started by tds234, February 23, 2008, 06:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tds234

It seems like these might be a nice way to get simple servo control without the complexity of maintaining the PWM output.
Doug

tds234

Just a follow up. I've been working with the new servo Pals from parallax and they work very nicely. Instead of having to refresh the servos you simply point them where you want them and then forget about them until you are ready to reposition. The programming is dead easy. This makes complex behavior in Prop-1's easy to write and gives you lots more room. I think that Jon's table driven approach would work nicely for this in any of the prop controllers since it means a set-and-forget just like a switch but with a position. If these would work in the context of Vixen or VSA it might mean more program space especially for the upcoming ability to embed the program onto the controller for PC-free shows.

davisgraveyard

This sounds interesting?   Jon any comments on the pros/cons of using the ServoPal to do servo programing using your stored data method?

Jeff

JonnyMac

My Parallax pals have not sent me a ServoPal for evaluation, so I cannot comment.  The design seems neat, and should make "set and forget" servo management possible.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office