May 04, 2024, 07:12:35 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Using Templates With the BASIC Stamp Editor

Started by JonnyMac, May 26, 2008, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

One of the nice features of the BASIC Stamp editor is the ability to use a template file when you click File > New or the New button from the tool bar.   I encourage you to do this as it will save time and trouble organizing your programs.   

To enable a template you need to open the Preferences dialog (Edit > Preferences).

Select the Files & Directories tab and then click the Browse button in the New file template section.  Navigate to the folder that has your template file (I suggest you create a folder called EFX-TEK Programs in your My Documents folder for your Prop-1, Prop-2, and Prop-SX code).  Select your template file from the Open dialog and then click the Open button.  Click on the OK button in the Preferences dialog to finish the process.

The next time you click File > New or the New tool button you'll have a ready-to-complete program that's organized to help you be more productive.

I've attached two template programs to this post for your convenience.  Both templates contain debouncing code to prevent false inputs on a trigger.  If most of your projects are built with the Prop-1 then use blank.bs1 as your template; if most of your projects use the Prop-2, then use blank.bs2 as your template.  Of course, you can always open either file manually -- just do a File > Save As right away so that you don't corrupt your template file(s).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office