May 16, 2024, 10:02:05 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

AP8 Connection Problem

Started by deanhunt, August 07, 2009, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanhunt

Hi Jon/John
It was really late last night when I was trying to program an AP8 plus its been a while. My question is pretty basic.
It says to select the segment for recording. I just want to start at segment 0 and record only 1 sound thats about 20 seconds.
The documentation says to have the segment switches at 0=closed, 1=closed and 2=closed. Also it says to set the loop (L) switch to Open.
So on the Circuit Board there are 4 DIP switches labelled 0, 1, 2 and L and it says OFF is at ROCKER DOWN. So in the OFF position is the DIP
switch "OPEN" or "CLOSED"?  I know its a dumb question.
Also what is the loop switch for and what are the 3-pin headers labelled 0,1,2 and P?

JonnyMac

OFF means the DIP switch is open.  Sorry for the confusion; these are generic parts and manufactures label them differently.  In your case you want the 0, 1, and 2 switches in the up (ON) position to select segment 0.

The loop switch will cause the sound to continuously loop when started in stand-alone mode.  The P header can be used for external manual starting, the 0, 1, and 2, headers are legacy connectors and should not be used. 
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office