May 16, 2024, 08:34:43 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

uMP3 vs. AP+16

Started by Ryanm0085, June 28, 2010, 09:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanm0085

Alright...well i was trying to get 2 Vmusic players to work with my last project.  It turns out they are complete trash.  They will now be collecting dust.  I've been eyeing up the uMP3 players since last year and finally decided it was time to buy 2 of them. Now seeing the AP+16, i dunno what to do.  I was hoping someone could help me out.  The only thing really that has me set towards the uMP3 is that i do not need a built in amp.  However, having so many problems with the VMusic players, i want soemthing that will deff work.  I looked at the uMP3 player and liked what i saw, but i need something simple yet complex if that makes any sense.  Any help would be great!!!

JonnyMac

June 28, 2010, 09:46:48 PM #1 Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:49:10 PM by JonnyMac
We always recommended the uMP3 over the VMUSIC2, and you'll find we have plenty of support material for it.  The AP-16+ is a unique beast; as a player it provides lots of volume at a low price (compare to the Gilderfluke SD-25 at $300), is very easy to connect to the outside world (dry contract, DC in, PIR in), and has unique capabilities like randomizing in stand-alone mode, pre- and post-play delays (set with pots) and relay that activates when audio is playing.  Oh yeah, flip a switch to play an ambient track while the player is idle.  

Use what works best for you; if it's connected to one of our controllers we'll be happy to assist (for proof see how we've subdivided the audio forum to include other vendors' products).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

Ryanm0085 ,
     I have the new AP-16+ and have just begun to play around with it. It's a winner for sure, you won't be disappointed with this one. It has so many features that make it flexible and unique, yet it is extremely easy to set up and operate. The built in amps have plenty of power, I made the mistake of setting the volume controls to mid point the first time I fired it up and about blew myself right off my chair! It also has line level outputs if you don't need the amps. These guys did a great job on this one for sure.  ;D