May 16, 2024, 08:02:42 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

AP-8 Reset

Started by Jadams, July 27, 2010, 06:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jadams

Sometimes I switch off the AP-8 to disable the sound.  When I turn it back on I have to restart the program.  Is there a way to reset the AP-8 or will I always have to restart the program?
Jim Adams

Jadams

A little more information on the above reset issue.

I switch off the AP-8 and leave the Prop 1 on to control other I/Os.  When I power up the AP-8, I have to reload the program to get the sound files to play.  Anyway around this?
Jim Adams

JonnyMac

July 28, 2010, 02:22:05 PM #2 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:23:39 PM by JonnyMac
The AP-8 resets itself on power-up, so there's no manual way to do that.  If you want to reset the Prop-1 while it's running, press the reset button.  If the sound start is at the beginning of the program then you should here it play.  You don't have to reload the program into the Prop-1 unless you change it.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

Jim,
    If you need to disable the audio from the AP-8 without killing the power you can use a SPDT relay. Connect the audio out from the AP-8 to the N.C. contacts of the relay, when you energize the relay it will stop the audio. If you have an extra OUT on the Prop-1 you could control the relay from there.

Jadams

I think your right as I have this subroutine in my code:

Let_AP8_Finish:
  SEROUT Sio, Baud, ("!AP8", %00, "G")          ' get status
  SERIN  Sio, Baud, status
  IF playing = Yes THEN Let_AP8_Finish
  RETURN

When I kill the power I think the Prop 1 locks up when it can't complete the program, hence the reload to get it running again.  In my case a manual SPST switch on the audio line will do the trick.

Thanks
Jim Adams

JonnyMac

Yes, the if Prop-1 is sitting on a SERIN and you kill the AP-8 then the program will hang.  If you reset the Prop-1 then you can recover.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office