May 16, 2024, 10:02:23 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Cheap sound controlled by prop1

Started by tstewart, October 15, 2010, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstewart

Hello,

I realize this question has been asked many times, but I am looking for the most current information since I am in the market to buy a solution.  I am in the process of building a prop and would like to add sound to it.  In the past I have used Cowlacious boards with the prop1, but with the advent of mp3 and the ability to use multiple sound effects I am leaning towards that way.  The AP-16 looks awesome, I especially like the amps but the price tag is a little more than I would like to spend.  The uMP3 looks cool and it is talked about a lot on this site, but it seems to still be $100.  The rMP3 is less expensive, at $59.  Will the rMP3 work out of the box (obviously need to add the sd card and maybe the rpower module) without a arduino?   I could always run to the store and look for a cheap mp3 but that solution would not give me the ability to play multiple effects (unless they are in series) correct?

Thanks

Tim 

livinlowe

Definetly DON'T go with a Vmusic2 player. There are some that have no problem with them but most users on this board have had nothing but problems. The uMP3 will do a good job.
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!