May 17, 2024, 12:20:55 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

MDFLY Flash Drive/ SD Card MP3 Player Board

Started by halloweenrick, November 14, 2010, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halloweenrick

Jon over at HauntForum we've come across these boards produced by MDFLY: http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_53&products_id=83.  The hookup schematic is at the bottom of the page.   Will these work hooked up to a Prop-1 controller? Would you be able to send the power through the Prop-1 to the MDFLY board or would it have to be powered seperately?  I myself would be looking for a one shot sound to be played when the Prop-1 is triggered, but could the Prop-1 access the Mp3 files in a random or specific order?  I apologize that I'm not asking about a EFX-TEK audio product, but I'm still struggling to add audio to my pneumatic props- my first effort was with a Vmusic player and I'm still trying to forget the horrible memory of it.
Thanks Rick

JonnyMac

It's hard to say as the documentation is weak, at best.  Since it's not an EFX-TEK product and the docs are so bad, I suggest you ask folks on HauntForum if they've made it work at all. 

You could pull 5v from the Prop-1, and the inputs *seem* to be active-low (matches the OUTx terminals), but I can't guarantee that anyone can make it work.  When all else fails, experiment!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office