May 16, 2024, 10:42:06 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

AP16+ Playing incorrect file names

Started by Jsteencken, April 08, 2011, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsteencken

Need some help with serial communication between my BS2p-40 and the AP16+.
I have four files on the SD card (formatted FAT32). They are named: T01, T02, T03 and SXF01(all .wav).  All the files are of the correct sample rate as indicated in the instructions. I am using the sample program for the BS2 modified for the pin on the basic stamp I am using, the AUXIO command inserted and the file names changed to T01.wav, T02.wav, T03.wav.  When I run the program the file SFX01 plays for each portion of the program instead of the file names in the program. If I remove the SXF file nothing will play and "oops no file.." is indicated on the debug screen.  It does do what the program indicates including the responses on the Debug screen, but the correct file names are not played. The relay also turns on and off as it is suppose to. This tells me that my basic stamp is communicating properly with the AP16+, but I don't understand why it will not play the correct file name.
Other info: I have tried several SFX files in the manual mode and that all works properly.
Anyone have any idea?

Jsteencken

Hello,  I found my problem. It was the "PS" command in the sample program. I removed it now it seems to be working. Sorry for raising the red flag.

JonnyMac

For others that may wonder how the problem was solved: The "PS" (play SFX) command plays the SFXnn.WAV files.  If you want to name your files something other than SFXnn.WAV or AUXnn.WAV then you must use the "PW" (play WAV) command.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office