May 16, 2024, 10:02:18 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

WAV file issue

Started by davisgraveyard, October 04, 2012, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisgraveyard

I have a Stereo 16-bit PCM WAV file at 22.050Khz  that is 4:40 long.  When I try to play it on the AP-16 it I hear the beginning of the audio for a second  but then it stops.   The green led keeps flashing as though it is playing?   What is the root cause of this symptom?   I use  Audacity 2.0.2  to edit files.

I have had problems in the past with sample rates of 44.4Kz so I'm in the habit of using the lower sample rate.   

Any suggestions would be helpful.

JonnyMac

I cannot explain. Can you zip and email the file to me, or post it somewhere that I can download from?
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

That type of problem is usually the SD card. Try it with a high speed quality card if you haven't already.

JonnyMac

Jack makes a very good point -- I was under the assumption that this was a given. We have recommended class 4 cards (or higher) SD cards. If there is no class number on the card then it doesn't meet SD Card associations standards.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

Any time I found that to happen, it has always been the low end SD cards. I finally just ordered 50 2gb class 4 cards and it has never happened to me again.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components