May 02, 2024, 01:39:26 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Anyone Interested in AP-16+ v2.00 Software Beta Testing?

Started by JonnyMac, August 27, 2015, 11:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

As I'm working on the AP-8+ and AP-16+ programs side-by-side (to keep behavior as consistent between them as possible) I thought I might toss out a call for a couple AP-16+ v2.00 software beta testers.

Requirements:
-- you have an AP-16+, power-supply, and speakers
-- you have a Prop-Plug to download new code into the AP-16+
-- would prefer you have a Prop-1 and the ability to reprogram it to test serial modes

Today we were able to add two new features to our audio engine that will positively impact the AP-16+ and the AP-8+:

1) Hold and Release

Hold suspends playback at the current sample. Release allows play to resume.

2) Interrupt and Continue

A lot of people have asked for this and we hope the implementation makes people happy. Interrupt allows us to stop a file and note the position when stopped. Then we can play another file. After the new file is finished, we can continue the original file at the place where it was interrupted. In application we'll use this with the AMBIENT loop when and SFX or AUX file is played. Instead of starting from the beginning, the AMBIENT loop will continue where it was interrupted (this will be configurable).

We are very excited about the configuration file we're using with the AP-8+ and AP-16+. Things you'll be able to do with it:

-- specify which file to play for the AMBIENT loop
-- specify the volume for the AMBIENT loop
-- specify the file to play for the select knob position (you don't have to use SFX00.WAV, etc, if you don't want to)
-- set the volume for each file
-- set the relay (AP-16+) or control port bits (AP-8+) for each file (including AMBIENT loop)
-- specify file names and volume levels for AUX inputs on AP-16+

We've still got a bit of work to do but it's coming along nicely and we're excited.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

That's good to hear that you are ready for beta testers to test you're handy work and I would be happy to test the new features for the AP-16.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

I don't have a spare AP-16+ at the moment, they're all in my props. Sorry!  :o

hover1

spann893

Spoke with you on Saturday. Im in on the Beta Testing.

JonnyMac

Excellent. There are some architectural differences between the AP-16+ and AP-8+ that I'm dealing with at the moment. The overall goal is to make the code base of both as consistent with the other as possible. Ultimately, we'd like to release "hacker code" to help customers create their own apps.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

hover1

Prop-1 board being delivered by our friendly neighborhood UPS driver today.

gadget-evilusions

When am I not up for Beta testing, especially when one of the options is a request I was making? I also always have all of those items in stock. Please include me of course.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

Still plugging along. I did some major architectural changes in the AP-16+ framework (it was long overdue) which will make future code simpler to create. I thought I would be done by now. I'm not. I'm human (but don't tell anyone!)
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

hover1

Not to worry. I'm getting set up to meet with Ken this weekend in Philly at OHS. Lots of work to do.

Thanks for all the work on the badge.  It's great stuff. I'm sure it will be a hit.

Jim

JonnyMac

I may have code for testing by the time you're done with that event.

Have fun with Ken.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

hover1

I had the Flu over the past weekend, so I missed OHS. Bummer.