May 16, 2024, 11:26:56 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

AP-8 Questions

Started by MassageMstr1, September 14, 2007, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassageMstr1

Hi Jon,

This is my first time using the AP-8.  In the instructions it says not to use amplified speakers, but I thought I had heard you say that you can.  Can you use computer speakers?  And can you use the audio jack or is that only for input?

Question #2:  I read the memory segments and I wanted to make sure on the switched.  On the AP-8 it shows and aroow pointing down for off.  But is off open like in a relay or circuit, or is closed off?

Thanks

Daniel

JonnyMac

1. You can, with care -- and we've made it easier with the newer AP-8 (Rev D) by putting a 1/8th output jack.  When you use amplified speakers, turn the volume to about the 1/4th level, and set the power switch to P1 (don't use P2 [high power output]).

2. Off is open; On is closed.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

MassageMstr1

Ok, and how much adjustment with the sound can you do with the speakers.  Is 1/4 way the max, or is that just a starting point?

JonnyMac

If you're going to use amplified speakers then the adjustment will be done there; what you want to do with the AP-8 is give the speakers a signal that is as high as possible without distortion -- it will take a little experimentation.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office