May 16, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

New AP-8 works manually but not with test program

Started by dkr, September 20, 2007, 04:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkr

Hi, 

I'm pretty familiar with Stamp stuff, so I'm probably missing something real dumb here.  All rockers are in the open position.  The three jumpers for Baud and device # are all in.  The play-record jumper is in the play position.  I have a BS2 BOE board, with a servo serial cable hooked up between the boards.  The program says pin 0 for serial in/out and I have that hooked to white and the black and red are hooked to the appropriate supplies.  Red usually VDD isn't usually needed., so I tried disconnecting it, no difference.  I've reloaded and reset the programs and boards numerous times, no dice.  The debug screen comes up and sits there blank. Works fine manually,  All sounds play.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

...Don

JonnyMac

It would be helpful to see your program.  If you're using a BOE you can connect the AP-8 to one of the box headers on P12 - P15.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

dkr

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm using the BS2 family AP8 demo program that I downloaded from your web site awhile ago.   It is named "AP8_Test.BS2" and was updated 10/14/2005.  I have not modified it.  I will try using the headers for the connection and see if that helps.

JonnyMac

I'll bet you have a new board and I forgot to update the demo program; there was a minor firmware change that removed the auto-status byte from versions 1.2 and forward (because nobody -- even us -- used this).  The old software is probably waiting on that byte and since it doesn't come, so the program hangs.

This is my fault.  I've updated the demos (see attached) so that they work properly with all versions of the AP-8.  I will upload our web site downloads right now.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

dkr

No problem, Jon!  That did the trick!  Thanks!

...Don