May 17, 2024, 12:49:44 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

ap8 set up

Started by confused, October 15, 2007, 08:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confused

I'm confused about how to get the audio on the ap8

does the ap8 connect to my computer serial port the same as the prop1 or only an audio port

and if I connect to an audio port, switch the jumper to record and play my source audio do I have to hold the rec button on the ap8 during the length of the audio or will it automatically use one segment.

is it my finger on the button that controls the lenght of the segment

how do I determine the segments it is unclear to me how this is done

is it ok to plug the ap8 into a stereo and play the sound over it

JonnyMac

The only serial port on the AP-8 is for control from a Prop-1, Prop-2, or Prop-SX (or other small micro) -- you don't plug the PC serial port into it.

You do, however, connect your audio output (headphone jack) to the LINE IN jack of the AP-8.

Simple steps:
  -- connect audio output of PC to LINE IN
  -- set segment switches (see http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=46.0 for additional details)
  -- move Play/Record jumper to Rec
  -- play audio on PC; simultaneously press and hold the Play button on the AP-8 until the sound is done playing
  -- move the Play/Record button back to Play
  -- cycle power to ensure good reset
  -- press Play button to test audio (if distorted, reduce the volume control on your PC and record again)

If you have a Rev D AP-8 you can connect it to your stereo; you'll need a cable with a 1/8th plug on one end and RCA plugs on the other.  Use the LO power position and turn the volume control know to a low setting to prevent distortion.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office