May 17, 2024, 12:49:41 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

ap-8 and vixen?

Started by darkride, November 01, 2007, 09:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkride

Okay, so i am having some issues when it comes to playing my sound from my prop-1. Let me begin by saying i have fully programmed my prop1 using the vixen software and i love it. It is amazing! I have my three pin cable from "p7" on my prop1. Then  to "p" on my ap-8( this may be wrong already. I am not sure). I need the sound to play every time my event is triggered. The sound was succsesfully recorded. Do I need to allign switces on the red box a certain way? Do the pins need to be adjusted? This is quite new to me so thank you advance.

JonnyMac

Things to check / do:

1. Replace ULN2803 with ULN2003 to free P7 for serial (see this thread for details: http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=130.0)
2. Remove the P7 SETUP jumper
3. Record you audio into SLOT 0; this is when the 2, 1, and 0 segment switches are "closed" or "on"
4. After recording, open the switches (don't worry that in stand-alone a different sound plays)
5. Remove the B/R, A1, and A0 jumpers from the AP-8
6. Connect the Prop-1 P7 pin to the SERIAL input of the AP-8; mind the color coding

Others have succeeded, so I'm sure it's something simple that's getting in your way.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office