May 14, 2024, 08:02:09 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

EZ-8 Racing Tree

Started by Buzzkill, November 08, 2010, 01:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzkill

Yes, I used my EZ-8 to run my pneumatic spider for halloween.  But what about the other 364 days?  I wasn't about to put it away for a year.  So I built a racing light tree for our annual cub mobile races for my cub scout pack.  I took an empty plastic jug, gave it a paint scheme, added some outlets, that are driven by SSR's off the EZ-8 channels.  On top is a key switch and flip switch basically just for looks.  There is a plug in push button switch that starts the light sequence to start the races.  Also built in to the box is a sonalert to make the beep beep for each light changes.  I programmed the timing sequence with Vixen.  I need to learn the native programming so I can do things like have the red light come back on at the end of the sequence, or do something like have the 1st button push turn on the red light for staging, and then have a second push start the countdown.  But that is something I can do later.