May 15, 2024, 05:22:44 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

My first prop - standard coffin pop-up

Started by BigRez, November 05, 2008, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Thought I'd share my first-ever halloween prop with you all.  It's a coffin pop-up based on the following:

Plus a little improvisation of my own.  The sound comes from a broken, motion-activated commercial wall decoration. I cut out the electronics and connected it to my prop - still activated by motion.  The prop-1 and RC-4, valve, sound (from above), regulator, and all connections are mounted on a removable board under the prop's head.  The coffin breaks down completely for storage.  PIR mounted at base of fence.  Adjusted flow control for smoother return into coffin.

Certainly did learn allot from this project.  Mostly, I'll give myself some more time for next year!  (I didn't even start until first week in October and that's with zero knowledge of how any of this worked.)  I plan to get a "real" sound card and "real" cylinder next year, plus build another prop (or three.)  Worked flawlessly all night Friday and for the Party on Sat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=358ttNyQscI

Thanks Jon for the great support!

JonnyMac

You're welcome.  I'll bet you scared a few TOTs when that dude popped up.  Nicely done.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!