May 17, 2024, 03:53:31 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Prop SX VSA FC4

Started by chuckb0004, June 29, 2009, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckb0004

Jon if I use the code you have written from the library Prop-SX 8 servo 8 digital outputs I will still have my computer connected to run the scene, is this correct? Also will I be able to modify the program to use an FC4 board? I'm about to purchase an SX starter kit and want to make sure I will be able to get the show up and running by October. The show will consist of a 3axis skull narrator, coffin with pop up skeleton, a crank ghost and lighting. At this point I have a prop one running the above existing scene with the skull narrator just using a scary terry board and one servo to allow the head to turn and an RC4 board.

JonnyMac

You will have to run the FC-4 separately, and as far as I know Brookshire has not created a driver for it.  The short answer is that the Prop-SX code acts like a servo controller and cannot pass serial messages through to other devices.  You might look into Vixen which has drivers for the FC-4 and can run the Prop-SX as well.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office