May 17, 2024, 05:05:23 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Need help getting started!!!

Started by Ryanm0085, July 13, 2009, 05:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanm0085

ok so im sitting here pulling my hair out...you guys need an emergency number like 911 but anyways...i got my prop-sx board, the usb to serial converter and i purchased vsa.  i donwloaded the 8 channel servo and 8 channel relay program to the sx and connected it.  i used the vsa prgram that was linked to the sx program but nothings happening.  i connected the oscillator, not really sure how its supposed to go in, but i did.  i used the sx-key to program it, then used to serial converter to run it.  i noticed the red light flashing on the serial converter so it seems to be recieving the vsa commands.  it blinks whenever vsa it set to change states.  however, it will only flashes when the sx is in the off position.  once i turn it to either 1 or 2, the red light on the converter stops flashing.  i have no clue whats going on. any suggestions?  im hoping i didnt fry anything, but i really did have anything hooked up except and led.  infact, if you can tell me where to hook up the led just to0 make sure i did it correctly.  i was just using it to test, but got nothing.  the relay is good and the polarity was correct.

Ryanm0085

ok jon...i have made some progress...i played around a little bit and got the prop-sx to accept and run the strobe light demo.  i then installed the 8servo 8 digital program and tried running it with VSA.  i get an error code for MOV   FSR, #__DEFAULT at the end.  i deleted that line just to see what would happen and it is actually responding to VSA...well sorta.  its turning lights on, but not turning them off...not sure whats going on

JonnyMac

July 14, 2009, 11:15:19 AM #2 Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:38:39 AM by JonnyMac
Changing my carefully-crafted code willy-nilly is a sure way to bring out the evil JonnyMac!  ;D

That error means you have an old version of the SX/B compiler; you need to download the latest (released just the other day) and drop it into the compilers folder on your system. 

See this thread: http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=967.0
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Ryanm0085

i have but only one thing to say...YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!  Everything works great.  And just a lesson to anyone reading this, never change JonnyMacs codes...its almost always operator error, not code error.  Sorry JonnyMac.  thanks for the help!!!