May 02, 2024, 06:46:45 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

trying to resolve a program problem

Started by migman, September 19, 2010, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

migman

Jon,
I wrote you off forum of two different issues.  THe first was related to trying to use some code that you wrote "Servo6-Digital10"  I wanted to adapt it for a project.  I tried to compile it and got an error that the #_DEFAULT was not defined.  I downloaded the latest version of the SX-Key development tool set from the Parallax site.  It is version 3.3.0   You said that the problem was that I had an old version of the tool Ver 2...

I've copied the two e-mails here:

I tried to compile your program and got a rather strange error,
RX_BYTE:                         ;FUNC RX_BYTE

; ASM                          ;  ASM

JNB   rxReady, @$                           ; wait if empty
    MOV   FSR, #rxSerial                        ; point to serial vars
    MOV   W, #rxBuf             
    ADD   W, rxTail                             ; point to rxBuf(rxTail
    MOV   FSR, W               
    MOV   __PARAM1, IND                         ; get byte at tail
    INC   rxTail                                ; update tail
    CLRB  rxTail.3                              ; keep 0..7
    DEC   rxBufCnt                              ; update buffer count
    SNZ                                         ; exit if not zero
     CLRB rxReady                               ; else clear ready flag
    MOV   FSR, #__DEFAULT       
  ; ENDASM                       ;  ENDASM

RETP                           ;  ENDFUNC

The error tells me that #__DEFAULT is not defined.  It is in the third line from the bottom.  I looked in the definition area where #rxSerial is defined thinking that it should be there but there is no DEFAULT defined anywhere in the program.  What should the DEFAULT be?  Any help would be appreciated.

Your reply:

That error is due to you using an old version of the SX/B compiler -- you need SX/B 2.x and, conveniently, you can find a link to those files in our tech support forum (hint).

-- http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=967.msg5332#msg5332

Please do post your questions in our forums as others can benefit from the answers we provide.

JonnyMac

Here's the thing: SX/B exists outside the SX-Key installation so that it can be independently updated.  What you'll need to do is download the latest SX/B ZIP file and manually unzip it to the specified folder -- that will fix you right up.  

Note that with Parallax changing their forums software I had to fix the link to the SX/B files; it's correct now.

BTW: Two issues mean two separate threads, that is, *you* are not considered a topic, individual programs are.  Please post your problematic blinking code separately.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

migman

My bad  ::)  I just assumed that the latest version of the SX-Key would aoutomatically have the latest version of the SX-B.  Not knowing how all the development tools were put together and ASSUME(ing) that the latest was the case obviously made an ASS-OUT-OF-ME.  You on the other hand are the MAN thanks.