May 17, 2024, 03:53:27 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Magnetic card reader program

Started by Caretaker.CCI, March 15, 2008, 11:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caretaker.CCI

I recently subscribed to the Nuts and Volts magazine and this is the third issue I have received (I read the previous issues cover to cover and highly recommend them to anyone interested in electronics).

The article "It's In The Cards" written by Jon Williams intrigued me so I purchased the card reader from All-electronics and now I'm ready to step into the world of SX. Here are a couple of quick questions:

1.   Does the source code exist in one location so that it could be downloaded?
2.   Is there an equivalent version of that program for the Prop 2? (Since I understand and can follow the source code for the Prop 2, I thought it would be a good way to get my feet wet on the SX)

Thanks,

Greg

P.S. I know you are in Las Vegas right now and have your hands full. Please take your time to respond... I am in no hurry for any of this!

JonnyMac

Nuts & Volts should have posted the code; if that haven't yet, I've attached it to this post.

The Prop-2 is not fast enough to capture the clock pulses from the reader; the only controller in our line that will do it is the Prop-SX.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office