May 17, 2024, 05:42:31 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Question about the USB-to-Serial Adapter

Started by gmacted, July 10, 2008, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmacted

Jon,

I looking at buying the Prop-SX starter kit and had a question.  Does the USB-to-Serial Adapter (Stock #28030) work with the Prop-SX?  The description says that it works with the Prop-1, but nothing about the Prop-Sx.  I'm assuming that it does, but it is not listed as an accessory.

I am planning on using the Prop-SX along with VSA to control my 3-axis skull.  In the off season I am planning on trying to get the Prop-SX to control the skull semi-stand alone (v2-music/vex transmitter).  Would you recommend any other accessories to buy other than the Prop-SX starter kit? 

Greg

JonnyMac

If you want to connect to the Prop-SX's DB-9 (for VSA or Vixen control, for example) then, yes, the USB-to-Serial adapter works fine.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gmacted

Jon,

Is there any reason why you don't sell the sx-key?  You only sell the blitz for programming, but I remember a while back you recommended buying the sx-key due to it's debug capability.

JonnyMac

Well... most of our customers are very budget-conscious, and most casual programmers won't take advantage of the SX-Key's capabilities.  Also, the Key was in very short supply.  Now that Parallax has a new Key (USB) version, we'll probably add it to the mix.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office