May 02, 2024, 11:43:20 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

SX/B 2.0 (and how to update your installation)

Started by JonnyMac, January 29, 2009, 09:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

January 29, 2009, 09:53:05 AM Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:06:49 AM by JonnyMac
You can get the SX/B 2.0 compiler files here:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?t=109886  (SX/B 2.00.31 - released 08 APR 2010)

You'll need to unzip the files into the compiler directory; on my system that folder is:

C:\Program Files\Parallax Inc\SX-Key v3.2.3\Compilers\SXB

Do not be concerned that it's still being called "beta" -- several of us have been using it for a long time and while we may come across a small thing from time-to-time, I wouldn't be concerned, it's very solid.  And please remember that Parallax has done us all a favor -- the compiler is FREE; to get a comparable compiler with dedicated support for a PIC or similar chip would set you back $250 or so.  

John and I use SX/B in all of our SX-based products (RC-4, DC-16, AP-8, FC-4... all programmed in SX/B).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

cmallsop

Thanks so much, Jon, for taking time to put this code together. I'll be dusting off the SX board tonight and reacquainting myself with the programming and use. If things go well, you;ll be seeing a video of the end result sometime afterHalloween! If things don't go well, I'll be posting please for help!

Cheers and happy haunting!

Mark Allsop
Vampyre Manor
Mark Allsop
Vampyre Manor