May 04, 2024, 01:33:18 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Connecting from Prop1 to DC-16+ for serial communication

Started by phalon, October 22, 2012, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phalon

I want to connect the prop1 to the DC-16+ for serial communication. I have found that I connect a cable to P7 on the prop1 and I have the the ULN2003AC chip in. What pins do I connect to on the DC-16+?
My options are the pins next to BRW or the pins next to serial, I am not able to find documentation on this, and they are both label serial in the documentation.

bsnut

Welcome to the forums first off.

As you may know the DC-16 was replaced by the HC-8+, but the docs should be in the forums under this link http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?board=15.0 in the Documentation section. But, I have a copy on my computer and I will attach to this post for you. All the info on connecting to the Prop-1 is in this PDF.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

QuoteMy options are the pins next to BRW or the pins next to serial, I am not able to find documentation on this, and they are both label serial in the documentation.

Either set of pins will work. There are 2 sets of pins to allow multiple boards to be daisy chained on a single serial line.