May 19, 2024, 07:01:53 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

DAvis graveyard animated gravedigger Basic stamp

Started by vincecamerano, August 26, 2010, 05:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincecamerano

Hey Bsnut,

Would you be able to do number 2 and number 3? Some of what you're saying is still confusing to me so itd be nice to see both.

The main things i want is the order of movements I provided, and those order of movements to repeat in that order, but start again no longer then 3 min....

Thanks again!

JonnyMac

The code space is getting pretty full -- the program may need to be redesigned to handle your requirements, and there's no guarantee that it will fit into the memory space of the Prop-1.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

vincecamerano

Do you think it would work if we cut some of the movements that I want?

JonnyMac

It's hard to tell and, at this point, you really should have enough information and code to start experimenting on your own -- that's when things really get fun.  Others will still help, of course, but it's best not to rely too heavily on those who -- like you -- are going to be getting very busy with their own props and displays.

Servo programs -- don't properly -- always consume more code space than we want.  It's the nature of the beast.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

vincecamerano

For me it's kinda hard to experiment when I don't even know where to start experimenting. I look at code like its spanish so thats why i'm on this forum. Im just trying to get all the help I could get.

Thanks again!

JonnyMac

If you were going to move to a country where Spanish is the native tongue you'd make an attempt to learn, right?  There's really only about 10 or 12 keywords that we use all the time so there's not a lot to learn and there are plenty of examples to learn from. 

Start with this:
-- http://www.efx-tek.com/downloads/prop-1_programming_basics.pdf
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Quote from: vincecamerano on September 02, 2010, 03:04:50 PM
Do you think it would work if we cut some of the movements that I want?

I see what Jon is talking about with the tight space on the prop1, I just copied it to my editor and checked to see how much space is left. You tell me what you don't want in this program and I will try to make it work out for you. This means I need to do some copy and paste work to Jon's pretty program ::).

Between the holidays seasons play with your prop1 (basic stamp 1) ,by learning to write the code, by reading the help file and reading the PDF that Jon pointed in the last post he made.   
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

vincecamerano

So I took some time to get to know this stuff and edited the code... It moves perfectly. Thanks again for all the help!