May 17, 2024, 02:19:15 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Starting a computer program with a Prop-1

Started by JackMan, July 13, 2010, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

July 13, 2010, 07:02:14 PM Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:38:12 PM by JackMan
Part of my 2010 Haunted Graveyard Show will be run from a laptop using RoboWare. The only problem is that once this program is loaded it needs a mouse click to start it each time while the rest of my show is completely automated (mostly Prop-1's). I came up with a solution for this and thought I would pass it along for anyone else that might have a similar situation.
I did a little surgery on an old ball type mouse. I located the N.O. pins of the left click switch and soldered a pair of wires to them. I ran the wires to the N.O. contacts of a small relay that fits inside the mouse. I drill a small hole in the side of the mouse and ran a pair of wires from the relay coil to an OUT on the Prop-1. I removed the ball and opto wheels from the mouse so there is no chance of it moving the cursor. Once the program is pulled up on the laptop I use the laptop mouse to put the cursor on the start button and viola!, the program on the Prop-1 takes care of the rest.