May 16, 2024, 10:02:22 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

LEDs connected to two devices (PROP-1 and ST-300)

Started by BigRez, August 24, 2010, 10:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

JackMan

You would really only need one SPDT relay and two outputs on the Prop-1.

Connect C. to the negative side of the LED's.
N.C. to the negative LED connection on the ST-300.
N.O. to the Prop-1 output that controls on/off/blink.
Use a second output on the Prop-1 that stays high whenever the ST-300 is inactive to energize the relay.

I don't know how you are triggering the ST-300 but you would need to have the relay coil output from the Prop-1 go low when the ST-300 triggers. You also would not need the diodes with this setup.

BigRez

August 27, 2010, 01:28:04 AM #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:48:50 AM by bigrez
Yes, that will do the trick.  I received a schematic from Carl for the ST-300 device so that along with your info above will do it.

I'll use a DPDT relay though because I need to control the LEDs individually from the prop-1.

From Carl's schematic, I can see the ST-300 P5.3 provides the sync ground so that'll be connected to both N.C. poles.  Prop-1 PIN1 and PIN2 will be connected to N.O.1 and N.O.2

OUT0 will charge the relay and be set high as needed.

The ST-300 is always on and receives audio from a VMusic player triggered by a pair of PIRs connected to the prop-1

BigRez

OK - need a quick check on how to properly wire this up.  Got a DPDT relay and will control the two LEDs by either the ST-300 (NC) or the Prop-1 (NO)

So, OUT0 is used to energize the relay.  I will have the positive side of the ST-300 connected to the LEDs and switch the ground side through the relay (ST-300 and prop-1 have a common ground).  Basically, when not energized, the ST-300 ground will flow through the relay and therefore the blinking.  When energized, I want pin1 and pin2 to control the LEDs (one each) and will handle their blinking with programming. 

Not sure which pin (r/b/w) to connect it to.  Wound that be PIN1.B and PIN2.B (one to each pole in the relay)?

And would that mean I could then do something like

pin1 HIGH

or

LED1 = IsOn

Thanks!

JackMan

I believe you would use W for the negative Prop-1 connection, B is constant ground.  Or just use OUT1 and OUT2. You can use one of the ULN outputs on the ST300 for the negative connection to that. Be sure to use the proper resistor on the positive LED connections.

BigRez

LOL!  Yeah, OUT1 and OUT2 will work just fine.  (Must have had a brain drain - I should have known that.)  :)  Thanks!