May 17, 2024, 06:05:24 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

A cautionary tale...

Started by mhein68, August 10, 2011, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhein68

Sorry if posted in wrong place, but I thought it fit here..

In my last post I kinda gave a cryptic hints about my time away from Efx-Tek boards.. About 3 years or so a younger "gentlemen" called to express interest in prop building. He was so excited I saw a bit of me in him.. So I agreed to turn over all my prop building supply to him for an agreed small amount of money.. He got every bolt,nut, solenoid, reel of hose, Prop-1, ect, ect.. In my "simple bumpkin" mind a handshake was a contract.. in my 40s you think i'd know better, well he left and never returned...  :'(
        Well I guess (maybe) guilt or just maybe cleaning his garage or basement.. Most of my stuff was left on my driveway the other day.. Cute huh!!??  :o Well he didnt return alot of stuff (most of the good stuff), but the prop-1 and sound boards are back..
     I am not telling this story for pity. I'm telling this in hopes that you will not let lose of something you love for a few bucks.. I loved working with the prop-1 and I missed it while it was gone.. Be careful out there.. Thanks!
Mhein68
Mike
Southern IL

bsnut

I guess you learned a lesson.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut