May 17, 2024, 12:49:33 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

AP-8 for sale

Started by Jeff Haas, June 17, 2012, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Haas

Those of you in Northern California and who are part of the CalHaunts NorCal group are aware of the untimely passing of "Perfessor Evil" (Rik Cary).  Yesterday, there was a sort of wake combined with a giving away of all his haunt-related stuff...and there was a LOT.  Rather than send all his props, supplies, pneumatics, electronics, etc etc to the dump, his family arranged for it to go to other members of the haunt community, where it will get used again.

I got most of his EFX boards.  One of them is an AP-8, which I'd never worked with before.  After reading the manual and trying it out, I see why the EFX team has moved on from the Chipcorder.  Compared to more modern solutions, the Chipcorder technology is quirky.

So I figured I'd offer it for sale to someone here; there's got to be a member who already has these and knows how to work with them.  This specific board is a Rev C and the company name is old enough to say "Parallax Inc EFX".  All I have is the board, whatever cables or power supply that might have come with it got lost.  There is slight oxidation on the board but it all works fine.  (I also got an old Cowlacious Chipcorder board with actual rust on the switches and it's working fine too.)

$35.00 plus shipping; PM me if you're interested.

Jeff

JonnyMac

We were very saddened to learn of Rik's passing. It's nice the way the CalHaunts NorCal group has honored him.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Natalie P

Hi there Jeff,

I just responded to your eamil.  All I can say is...sold!   :D

Thanks,
Natalie

JonnyMac

Take care of that AP-8 when you get it, Natalie; that board belonged to a really great guy who was an incredible help to anyone who needed it.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office