May 17, 2024, 12:29:48 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Recording audio to itunes

Started by cs1245, July 29, 2012, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cs1245

I am looking to record audio from a website so I can load it to Itunes and then onto my SD Card so I can use it in
the AP 16.  Any thoughts on how this can be done?

JonnyMac

Leave iTunes out of the mix -- it creates MP3s and other "marked" formats that are not compatible with the AP-16+.

If you can download the file (that will depend on web site, sometimes [using Windows] it's as easy as a right-click and "Save As") you can use Audacity to prep the file for the AP-16+. 

See this post in the AP-16+ forum:
-- http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=1454.0
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

cs1245

I am not able to right click the audio while on the website.  Is there an alternative? 

FYI - I did copy the CasaDeZombie audio (Itunes) and labeled it SFX01.WAV and changed the PREFERENCES to match what is recommended in the link you provided below.  The error I am getting is - Audacity is not recognize the type of file G:\SFX01.WAV.  If it is uncompressed, try importing it using "Import Raw".  When I import it the audio gets scrambled when I press "play". 
If I remember correctly I did transfer an Itunes song - "Demonic Laugh" and it worked.  Currently I am using SDHC card.

JonnyMac

You cannot simply rename an audio file, it must be converted. If you did that and the AP-16+ doesn't like it you probably have a format problem.

Needs to be
-- 44.1kHz or less sample rate
-- 16-bit PCM

And most importantly, no metadata.  I suspect this is the problem.  Open the original file in Audacity and find the Metadata editor in the File menu. Use the clear button to clean it out, then re-save the file making sure to meet the other standards above.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

cs1245

Just figured out the problem.  I am using "GarageBand" App for the MacBook and when I "shared" the song with Itunes it shared it in the m4a format and even when I converted it to an mp3 format this conversion was done after the song was already "shared".  I was able to make the audio work in the AP16 if I converted the audio file to MP3 before it was shared to Itunes.