May 17, 2024, 12:29:56 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Propeller Servo Controller USB

Started by youngti, September 27, 2012, 01:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

I came across this at Parallax and wanted to know if EFX-TEK had any experience with these.  From the description it looks like you can do custom programing and also store sequencing data.  Sounds very interesting and may work with creating complex sequences for the animatronic skulls.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/PropellerDevelopmentBoards/tabid/514/CategoryID/73/List/0/SortField/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/595/Default.aspx

bsnut

September 27, 2012, 05:41:09 PM #1 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:55:58 PM by bsnut
I haven't, but one cool thing it is reprogrammable to put your own application on it. I also did a program (not tested) for the HC-8+ using the serial header that use the commands for the PSC USB, which is based on a program that Jon did for Jack's project. Which takes the sequence that is created in Vixen or VSA and outputs to the PSC through the serial header on the HC-8+ 
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

It's got a Propeller on it so you could reprogram it, but storing sequence data would be a very advanced application.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Quote from: JonnyMac on September 27, 2012, 09:08:59 PM
It's got a Propeller on it so you could reprogram it, but storing sequence data would be a very advanced application.
I was thinking of a simple application based on the servo controller that Jack is using in his project.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

Again, the board is Propeller bases and has a connection for battery power (though you have to connect an external regulator to feed 5v to the board if it is not connected to USB or with a 3-pin wire from a Stamp-type circuit.  The IO actually uses bi-directional chips so -- IN THEORY -- you could define a pin or two and inputs and then do whatever you want.

I have a servo driver that works much better and is easier than what Parallax supplies; it includes very easy-to-use ramping and target features. My object controls eight servos but you can easily install two copies if you want to control more.

As Barrowman says: It's SMOP (small matter of programming)
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office