May 16, 2024, 11:31:48 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

anybody else getting a trojan program warning here?

Started by werf, October 01, 2012, 03:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werf

I keep getting a warning from my anti-virus about a trojan program here

JonnyMac

Another member reported it and I had out IT administrator look into it; he tells me all files are clean -- that said, we're keeping an eye on things. I have Spyware/malware detectors on two computers and neither one of them is flagging anything.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

Jon,
  I'm getting redirected to another site each new time I go to the forums, when I click back and reload it seems to be fine but something is up.

JonnyMac

I've run a site scan and it reads clean EXCEPT by some company called Yandex that coincidentally sent us an email offering to fix things.  I suspect that their browser add-on is creating a false positive in order for them to extort money from site owners. The email came from Russia which makes me doubly suspicious.

That said, we're watching. Our server is part of a professional server farm that is maintained by a first-rate company and we have an administrator (friend of ours) that keeps track of things.  He has had no problems.  I have accessed from two PCs, both with heavy security software, and neither flagged any problems.

Again, we're not sitting down on this; at the moment we don't think there is any malware on our site.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

October 02, 2012, 03:55:41 PM #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:00:52 PM by bsnut
First off what happen to the layout of the site ???

I had the same problem around 12:21, where I was redirected off the forum site after posting a message on the AP-16 with my phone.

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

Despite not finding any problems with the forums we decided to upgrade the forums software and somewhere the organization got fouled. I can fix it, but it will take a day or so.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

We have found and dealt with the problem. You may still get the warning -- we're trying to get Google to clear us. If you click on the link marked Safe Browsing diagnostic page you will see that the latest Google scans turn up no problems.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

Jon,
     I'm getting re-directed to another site again, Sex Scandals.

JonnyMac

IT has dealt with problem that affected us and two other businesses (friends) the reside on the same server.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office