May 16, 2024, 08:02:38 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Zombie Love (is not Always Perfect)

Started by JonnyMac, October 23, 2013, 08:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Most of you know that John B and I are entertainers: we both play guitar and sing, we have both appeared on stage, and I've even been on TV and a few movies.

In the Spring I got the chance to help a new friend, Carlos, by shooting, directing, and even appearing in a little short. Make-up FX were by Anthony Kosar, the Season 4 winner of Face-Off, and fellow contestants Meagan Hestor, Alam Park, and Katie Machaiek.

Enjoy!
--  http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/8c4y
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Another great job Jon and I even voted "Funny" for it :D. I loved how all of you did your parts and even you did great job in directing this short. But, I noticed that the short video ends around the 2:45 mark. But, what makes it funny is Carlos, while the rest of you are so calm. I would love to see the outtakes. I'd bet they are even more funny.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

October 23, 2013, 01:31:15 PM #2 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:46:22 PM by JonnyMac
Thanks, William.

One of the rules of comedy is "unexpected." Playing it straight (unexpected in a situation like this) is something I tend to do well. Playing it straight is not what Carlos and Liz are used to being stand-up comics, but they did a great job. I'm grateful they trusted my judgment; everybody is thrilled with the result.

It was a fun way to spend a Saturday -- and there is more material to come.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Jeff Haas

Very entertaining.  I was wondering how you would make the zombie interesting, given that they usually don't talk.

bsnut

Quote from: JonnyMac on October 23, 2013, 01:31:15 PM
It was a fun way to spend a Saturday -- and there is more material to come.
We all try to have fun on the weekend if is a Saturday or a Sunday doing something we like to do.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

Can't wait to retire, then every day is fun.  ;) Nice job Jon, Carlos is a riot. The wife and I are big fans of Face-Off, we really liked Anthony on the show and were hoping he would win, he definitely deserved it!

JonnyMac

Anthony is an incredibly nice guy. We met in a sculpting workshop about five years ago and have kept in touch. I usually see him at Transworld and other trade shows. At Transworld this year I met Meagan and Alam. We reconnected at Monsterpalooza where I met Meagan's boyfriend, Carlos. After a bit of chat and getting along really well, we ended up spending a day shooting material.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office