May 01, 2024, 08:03:01 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Sad stats

Started by BigRez, May 06, 2019, 08:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Interesting and yet sad statistics:

bsnut

Yes it is. If we forum members want this this to continue, we to help the new ones and the current ones by posting new content.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JackMan

Stats tell the tale. Pretty obvious that JonnyMac is no longer here. Couple that with product availability that has been steadily declining for some time. Looks like the sun may be setting here.

leving

I was really hoping they would finally get the new smaller Audio boards out.
Everyone will be happy.
Even if they must be held down kicking and screaming until they are.

gadget-evilusions

Am i going to have to write over my prop-1 tattoo?
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

Jeff Haas

BigRez

At what point do we call it dead?   So sad.

I've exhausted my supply of prop-1 and a prop-2, and sold a couple, now find myself looking for alternatives.  Gonna give the OctoBanger a try.  (Buttonbanger.com)

Jeff Haas

I agree, I keep checking in and have noticed there's about five of us long-time stalwarts who do the same.

I got some HC-8s from someone on ebay awhile back, and I tend to re-use my controllers in new projects, so I'm OK.  But JonnyMac hasn't been here in a long time and I think all those "new users" are just bots crawling the site.

JonnyMac pops up from time to time on the Parallax forum but isn't nearly as active as he used to be.

I've learned C so I can program Arduino as well as Basic Stamp and Propeller.  Haven't tried the Octobanger custom software.  Happy to help if you have questions!

leving

I have been using the Picaxe processor setup where I would have gotten a new Prop-1. There does not seem to be a decent audio/prop board as good as the EFX-Tek ones.
Everyone will be happy.
Even if they must be held down kicking and screaming until they are.

Jeff Haas

I have used the YX5300 MP3 player boards with Picaxe processors, they work well together.  You should have amplified speakers, the output of that little MP3 board is only good for headphones.

I have code that will work on an 08M2 if you need it.

BigRez

Just posting to notify folks that the forum is back online.