May 01, 2024, 06:20:59 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

What would it take to get more Prop-1 controllers?

Started by BigRez, July 25, 2022, 11:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Just wondering what it would take to start it up again and produce more Prop-1 (and other) devices.

I'm using my last two Prop-1s this year and could really use several more. Been having to use Arduino/RPi but find those more difficult than efx-tek controllers. (Haven't tried others just cuz they're too expensive, and... they're not EFX-TEK!)

I'm sure others out here could use some additional devices, and many the new creators who never got the chance to experience how great they are could get that chance.

What would that take?  Is EFX-TEK completely dead or just in a coma? JohnnyMac? John?

The production process should be fairly straightforward so is it price prohibitive now?
QA, inventory, or delivery logistics issues?  Other resource constraints?  Cash flow issues?

Maybe EFX-TEK is looking for new partners or ownership?

Just throwing it out there cuz dang! I miss being able to just whip up a new prop using these things.

Jeff Haas

I think that EFX-Tek is done.  JonnyMac hasn't been on this board since June of 2020.  I've seen him on the Parallax board, where he spends most of his time developing new code for the Propeller 2, and teaching occasional online classes about it.

I doubt that they would release the circuit designs for their controllers for anyone else to make.