May 16, 2024, 10:42:10 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Servo Cable, female crimp pins and pin shells

Started by avgjoefriday, February 02, 2008, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avgjoefriday

In a post over in the EFX-TEK Audio forum, Jon describes how he went about making a specialized cable to connect a uMP3 to the Props. This post includes tips on where to purchase the proper crimp pins, the pin shells, and the crimper itself.

He recommends www.jameco.com
#100766    female crimp pin
#108812    2-pin shell
#157382    3-pin shell
#159266    crimper tool

I have bought about 10 of the EFX-TEK extension cables and plan to continue to do so, but for one of my projects I think I am going to need one that is much longer so I thought I would give building one myself a try.

My only questions are:

where is a good source for the 22 gauge three stranded red/white/black cable?  I can find separate strands, but I like the ribbon cable look.

Is there a length limit that should be kept in mind?

Thanks for any input!
Scott

For those looking for the original post, check out:
http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=39.0

Tim-M

Hey Scott,

One source for the three wire cable you're looking for is www.servocity.com .  Take a look there and see what you think.

Tim

JonnyMac

If you're going to go more than a few feet, definitely go with the heavy-duty cable (20 gauge).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

avgjoefriday

Thanks to you both!  The wire at servocity was what I was looking for.  I am planning to go a maximum of four feet, but while I am ordering cable I will stock up on both ;-)