May 16, 2024, 10:02:23 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Water Spray or mister techniques

Started by BigRez, January 14, 2009, 12:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Hi all -

This topic is similar to http://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=114.msg428#msg428  whereby I'm wanting to spray a stream (or two) of water. 

As mentioned in the above post, I may be able to rig something using low pressure compressed air into a water tank with a spray tube release, but wanted to know if anyone else has already done something different.

I was thinking of activating a submersable fountain pump from the controller, but am not sure about priming the water flow. (Guess I may just have to test that.)  I need the water stream to flow precisely at the right time and cannot worry about activating the pump to prime the line.  The stream would need to shoot about 5 feet, but for just a short burst with each activation.

Oh, and as the original post indicates, I'd like to keep the cost down, perhaps around $25.  ;D

Anyone have some ideas on how best to do this?  :-\

brannfenix

Hah... I know this topic is old, but why clutter up the forum with another thread.  I read like 70% of that post that this topic links too until I notice I wrote it haha!

That design I posted before did not really work out and was a massive pain to work with... until one day it hit me like a bolt of lightning :)

RETRO FIT A SQUIRT GUN! :)

They have electric water guns and all you need to do is connect to the trigger and you have an instant water effect... why reinvent the wheel!

BigRez

What I wound up doing is using a 12v windshield washer pump and drip irrigation spray nozzles.  I tried several different nozzles to get the one I wanted.  Of course, the pump required a water reservoir and also a high-current connection as it draws a couple of amps.  Works pretty good and is going into my current prop.  Hope to have it completed soon and of course will post info.