May 19, 2024, 09:00:17 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

R.I.P. DC-16

Started by JonnyMac, September 28, 2010, 09:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsnut

Thanks for the information. From what I am understanding, the Option header has the ability to handle serial, A/D chip, SD card reader and other things. This Option header is going to be a cool feature for the HC-8 and see many uses for this.

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

I don't know that I would use it for serial; we have a serial IO pin on the board that has a level shifter (5v <--> 3.3v) on it -- it would be best to use that if possible.  Now, if you're going to connect something that supports serial (e.g., MAX232) then that wouldn't be a problem.  You have to be very careful with anything you connect to the option header as you do have direct access to the Propeller IO pins and a mistake could blow the Propeller.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

HauntedWolf

May 18, 2011, 10:12:23 AM #17 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:27:00 AM by HauntedWolf
Will you be bringing this to the Rocky Mountain Gathering next month?   ;D
Robert

Haunted Wolf Hollow - http://www.hauntedwolfhollow.com

JonnyMac

At the very least I'll bring my prototype for show-and-tell.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

TheChambersOfHorror

So when is the HC-8 going to be ready?

JonnyMac

JB is rolling it into production now as I am working on the documentation.  When production quantities are in, tested and on the shelf, we will announce.

I just saw one in action the other day at Disneyland.  They used a prototype to control elements of the gingerbread cake in the Haunted Mansion.  Was the coolest cake yet -- not sure how they'll top that for next year.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

January 12, 2012, 04:24:02 PM #21 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:59:56 PM by bsnut
It's good to hear that you and JB are moving to the next step called production. This post of yours saves me the phone call, but I am not pushie man ;D .
I just saw one in action the other day at Disneyland.
I am glad to hear that the Mouse is happy. Did you see it during a fun trip or a business trip?   

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

It was a fun trip. My best friend and fellow actor, Lynda Reynoso (the pretty lady in my Doritos spec commercial) popped down to see EFX-TEK products in action and start the year off with a bit of fun.

For those that don't know what I mean about the commercial you can see it here:
-- http://www.crashthesuperbowl.com/#/gallery?video=14968

We made it into the contest, but not the finals.  Darn.  I wrote and produced the commercial; it was shot, directed, and edited by Peter Montgomery.  Many of you know Peter's work from www.socalhalloween.com.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office