May 19, 2024, 10:01:54 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Online Coaching

Started by JonnyMac, July 11, 2011, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Just curious as to how many folks would be interested in a live, online training series -- probably starting with the Prop-1 controller.  I'm thinking we'd use a service like U-Stream to and time the event(s) for 5PM Pacific Time (8PM Eastern Time).  I'd probably give an introductory chat and then answer your questions.

Any interest?

Jon
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

July 11, 2011, 08:08:45 PM #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:59:13 PM by bsnut
I would be interested in this online training series and think this would great for you to do. How much time would you spend per nite?
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

Jadams

Jim Adams

leving

Everyone will be happy.
Even if they must be held down kicking and screaming until they are.

gadget-evilusions

Of course, who doesn't like listening to you talk John?
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

To keep everyone sane I would probably limit the "show" to an hour, once per week.  I've created an account on U-Stream for us and will be experimenting with it.

Jon
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Jeff Haas

If you do this, see if you can record the show and allow us to play it back later.  5pm PST is too early for me to do anything like this.

JonnyMac

Yes, I believe that is possible with U-Stream.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

shupe1

freakyland

Sounds excellent!  Being able to re-watch or watch "on-demand" would be awesome!  Would each session have a specific topic, or would it be mainly based on user questions?

JonnyMac

I will have a topic for each session and take questions -- if possible -- to round it out.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

BigRez

Sounds like a great idea Jon. I'd especially like the ability to listen at my own time preference.  Perhaps a synopsis listed in a new forum area for each "show."

youngti

I would also love this as well.  Would you be able to alert users that a new talk would be coming up?  Or would they always be on the same day and time?

The recording function would be great as well and a notification of new recordings would be great.

JonnyMac

I am still working out details and will provide plenty of warning before we start the process.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Eddie

Absolutely, where and when?