May 19, 2024, 03:23:13 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Transworld: Day 1

Started by JonnyMac, March 07, 2013, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

March 07, 2013, 08:07:06 PM Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:13:32 PM by JonnyMac
Wow, what a busy day. John and I had sore voices by the end of the day and there are still three to go! We had a tremendous amount of traffic and -- happily -- a lot of new customers. Some were nearly astounded at our low prices and that they could speak with the engineers who created the products on the table.

The "amigos" were a big hit -- something we had hoped for. The best part is when a customer would say, "Well that makes things easy!" Exactly. That's why we did it.

We also have a couple hardcore HC-8+ hacking demos on the table and a lot more people that I expected were interested in doing serious custom work. The ability to use Vixen or VSA, and to have LED, valve, servos, and DMX control in a stand-alone package made many people smile.

To our very happy surprise we found that our booth neighbor on one side is none other than Ralis Kahn. Ralis is one of our first friends in the Halloween industry, and I consider him a personal friend. He and I have met at this downtown LA shop/home many times for lunch. He's nice guy, a fantastic artist and teacher; an all around class act.

If you're in St. Louis or on your way, please come by and say "Hello" while at the show.

JonnyMac

Photo: Ralis, John B., Katie, and JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office