May 19, 2024, 06:04:08 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Crazy Season Order Processing

Started by JonnyMac, September 09, 2007, 11:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

It's the crazy season... just seven weeks to the big day and orders are pouring in.  What is also happening quite frequently it seems are e-mails that start out, "Hey, EFX guys, I forgot to add product X to my order -- please put it in the box and charge me."

We can't do that, for two reasons:

1) We don't hold on to orders -- they go out the day we get them (if before noon, Mon - Sat)
2) We don't know your payment information (i.e., we don't have your CC information)

When your order via the web we get an authorization from the source you use (credit card or Paypal), but no details that would allow us to levy additional charges to your card or PayPal account (this is a good thing).

If you make an order and then decide you need something else, the only way to update the order is to call (916-770-9244).  If the order has not shipped we'll do our best to update it and then get your payment information.  If it has gone out our hands are tied.  I know that some have been bothered by the shipping prices of small items; we're doing our best to deal with this -- we have to pay for packing and shipping, and those costs are simply added on.  What we're doing is looking at lower-cost options so that small items are not a expensive to pack/ship.

Please be sure you have everything you think you're going to need before placing an order -- especially during this crazy busy time of year.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office