May 19, 2024, 05:22:07 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Did You Ever See "Jerry Maguire"?

Started by JonnyMac, October 24, 2007, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

October 24, 2007, 03:30:46 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:35:21 PM by JonnyMac
In the hit movie, Jerry Maguire, Tom Cruise's character makes an impassioned plea -- on his knees, no less: "Help me help you."

I'm on my knees making that same plea: Help me help you.  You know by now that I am as happy as a fool on a holiday to write code for you, but many of you are making requests with details that, well, leave a lot to be desired.  For example, if you want me to write a program that wags a servo back and forth, please tell me what that servo is controlling so that I can name the output appropriately.  Also, tell me what you want to call the prop so I can name the program and save it on my hard drive (several over the last few days have been posted with saving locally because I don't know what the end result is.)

I'll admit, gang, my butt is dragging.  Between writing a book for my friends at Parallax, pounding the pavement as an actor, helping you and my other friends with code... things are crazy.  So do your pal, JonnyMac, a favor: give me more details than you think I need when you request a program.

Thanks!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office