May 19, 2024, 10:02:11 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

A "Little" Something We're Working On....

Started by JonnyMac, November 26, 2007, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Well, with the turkey left-overs just about gone it's time to start decorating for Christmas.  Since many of you asked how we were able to run the FC-4 via Vixen we decided to build a production version of our simple interface:

The Serial Inverter provides the proper electrical interface between a standard serial port and EFX-TEK accessory boards.  Yes, it will allow the device to transmit back, but in order to do this anything sent to the S/I will be echoed to the PC so your software must filter this (I'm working on a VB demo to show you how).  We'll release this little dude shortly.

Oh... if you want to use the RC-4 with Vixen you can, you just have to connect a power supply to the Serial Inverter so that it can provide the 5v needed by the RC-4.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

Very cool, except that i had just purchased the parts to make the one in the fc-4 thread. I will still buy this.

I know it was said before that we can use multiple fc-4's, can we use multiple rc-4s with this item and vixen, can we use a mixture of fc-4's and rc-4s?
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

Good new: I just spoke with KC and we are going to be able to create a single driver that will work with RC-4s (up to 4) and FC-4s (up to 4) on the same serial link.  The Serial Inverter will work with the FC-4 -- you just have to connect a power supply to it so that power is fed to any RC-4s in the chain.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office