May 14, 2024, 06:57:53 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

DC-16 driver for Vixen

Started by stgtech, November 13, 2007, 09:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stgtech

I noticed a FC-4 unreleased driver was posted in another thread. Is there any progress on the Vixen driver for the DC-16. Even a rough driver would be helpfull.

Thanks much.

JonnyMac

We'll have updated drivers for the DC-16, FC-4, and RC-4 shortly; I'm working with KC to make the all consistent.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Howdy Jonny:

I am looking for a Vixen driver for the DC-16.  Is this going to be a separate driver, or is it going to be rolled into the combo driver?

Thanks.

JonnyMac

Sorry, with the holiday crunch and all the excitement about the RC-4 I kind of forgot the DC-16 -- will get back on it.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Thanks Jonny!!

I am trying to move my Christmas show control from a proprietary system to Vixen.  The DC-16 boards will be used to drive props in my display.  I have the Gemmy Deer head running and a seated Santa (head turns l/r, eyes & mouth control).  Currently working on the Singing Polar Bear and his Penguin backup singers.

Walter...

wseay

Howdy Jon:

Just checking to see if there is an update on the DC-16 driver for Vixen.

JonnyMac

Sorry, I've been swamped.  KC just sent me an update; I'll try to get it tested this week.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Jon:

Thanks for the update.  I fully understand 'swamped!'  :o

Within the next two weeks will be fine for me.

Walter...

wseay

Howdy Jon:

Do you have an update on adding the DC-16 to Vixen?

Thanks...

JonnyMac

Not yet, but it is on my list, I promise.  I need to solder up some LED boards to test the DC-16s I recently liberated from our stock at Maker Faire!  I'll try to get that done this weekend.  Thanks for being so patient.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

wseay

Howdy Jon:

Just checking on the DC16 driver for Vixen.  If I can offer any assistance in testing, I am very willing to do so.

Walter...

JonnyMac

July 03, 2008, 10:23:51 AM #12 Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:41:17 AM by JonnyMac
Walter,

There is one last "gotcha" in the new DC-16 driver -- I just sent KC a note and I think we should be able to fix it pretty quickly.  Thanks, again, for your patience with us.  We actually rewrote the whole driver so that it is is consistent with the RC-4/FC-4 driver setup.

Here's what the setup dialog looks like -- just so you know it's not a ghost!  ;D

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

wseay

Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to getting my props moving.

Walter...