May 15, 2024, 05:45:55 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Vixen Driver for the Prop-2

Started by JonnyMac, May 14, 2007, 05:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

The additional speed and I/O of the Prop-2 allow Vixen to control up to eight servos and eight digital outputs.  This driver is similar to the Prop-2 driver except that:

* It uses the Prop-2 programming port for Vixen control (no special cable required)
* It runs at 9600 baud
* It supports 16 channels (eight servos and eight digital outputs)

The other features, i.e., Digital Threshold and Servo Min and Max values for 0% and 100% are identical to the Prop-1 driver.  Have fun! -- we are....

The driver (put into the Vixen Plugins folder), a demo file (put into the Vixen Sequences folder), and the Prop-2 code are included in the attached ZIP.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

zeenon

Jon,

1) Is there anything under development to kick off a routine based on a pressure mat, PRI, etc.

2) What happens when you try the dim/fade/sparkle commands in vixen off the digital outputs?

I finally got the serial card working after some rewiring on a breadboard, and tested the Prop-2 with 2 servos and the trainer on the digital outputs.

Z

JonnyMac

1) Yes, Vixen 2.0 will support remote start of sequences through a serial link.  You could use a Prop-1 or Prop-2 as the sensor interface.

2) Digital outputs are evaluated based on the threshold setting in the driver; values at or above the threshold will be converted to "on", values below will be converted to "off."  All Vixen events are in fact analog (0% to 100%) hence the requirement of the threshold for digital controllers.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office