May 21, 2024, 08:06:34 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Is the AP-16+ currently out of stock?

Started by jukingeo, September 20, 2012, 09:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukingeo

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is correct place to post this, but I wanted to purchase an AP-16+ tonight from the main website and I was directed to another site that said "Sorry, the product was not found".

Is the AP-16+ out of stock right now?   If so, I am curious to when you will have it back in stock.

Thank You,

Geo

JonnyMac

They're on order now and will be back in the store ASAP (I cannot give a date because I do not know it). We sell the AP-16+ to many industries and have been a bit overwhelmed with its sales rate.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

jukingeo

September 21, 2012, 03:44:30 PM #3 Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:59:50 PM by jukingeo
Quote from: JonnyMac on September 20, 2012, 11:58:13 PM
They're on order now and will be back in the store ASAP (I cannot give a date because I do not know it). We sell the AP-16+ to many industries and have been a bit overwhelmed with its sales rate.

Oh, OK.  I kind of figured that you were out.  I just didn't see the notice on the main site.    Yeah, it is a great product, no wonder you are out!

Do you know when you are getting it back in?

Geo

jukingeo

Quote from: JonnyMac on September 20, 2012, 11:59:17 PM
Parallax has 10 in stock.

-- http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/ap-16/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/697/Default.aspx

Oh, Ok.   Thank you for the tip off, but if you are going to get them in in the next few days, I can still wait.  There were other things I wanted to order from you as well.

JonnyMac

It's not going to be the next few days -- go ahead and order from Parallax.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

jukingeo

Quote from: JonnyMac on September 21, 2012, 07:29:27 PM
It's not going to be the next few days -- go ahead and order from Parallax.

Ok,  I just thought if it was only going to be a few days then I would wait so I could buy everything from you.   But if you are saying it is going to be longer then I will split my order and just get the AP-16+ from Parallax.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Geo

jukingeo

Hello All

I received my AP-16+ board from Parallax today.  I couldn't wait to open up the package and finally get a good look at the board.  For one thing, it certainly has some weight to it.  Really nicely made.

Over the next few days I will be running some tests and will report back here.   Since I bought the board from Parallax, sadly though, I wasn't able to get the better 18 volt supply.   I do have a 12 volt 3 amp supply that I can use.  Hopefully that will be sufficient.

While I was at ordering from Parallax, I also ordered/received the Propeller Demo Board.  So yeah, I am going to take the plunge and learn to program the Propeller.  This little board should keep me busy for a while.

I did notice some extra solder pads on the board that are not noted in the documentation, so I posted a new thread inquiring about the functions of those.

Geo