May 03, 2024, 08:23:02 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

open source code?

Started by rogersyd, April 20, 2014, 06:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogersyd

Hi John,  I recently purchased an AP16+ and have been enjoying toying around with it.  This is an awesome board and is perfect for my purposes.  I was curious to know if you would be willing to share the 1.7 firmware spin/pasm code? I would like to use your code as a starting point to expand the capabilities of this sucker.  Thanks for considering.  Sorry if this has already been asked before, I found no mention of this...

Jared

JonnyMac

We're not going to release the 1.x code, but may consider releasing the 2.x code when it's done. Why? We wrote the 1.x code quite a while ago and, while it works, it is not as elegant as the current audio engine (even that's under review).

Since you're asking, I'm assuming that you're an experienced Spin and PASM programmer. With that, I've attached a framework with the tools we use (note that most are under review and re-write as we're working on the v2.x AP-16+ and the new AP-8+).

Understand that this is not a working program; it is a framework. For reasons I hope you'll understand, we do have an interest in protecting some of our intellectual property. Still, if you have the programming experience, you can use these tools to create a custom application for the AP-16+. We use these tools in customer apps fairly frequently.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

rogersyd

Jon,

Thank you very much for sharing.  I can absolutely understand the need to protect your IP.  I do have extensive with spin (im a noob with pasm) but what you have shared is perfect for my purposes.  Thanks again!

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office