May 03, 2024, 04:57:22 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

No serial commands

Started by davisgraveyard, October 12, 2014, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisgraveyard

I have another AP-16+ that has a sound file on it that I play through a serial command from a Prop1.  This has been working flawlessly for years.   All of a sudden the file is no longer playing.  The setup has a DC16 plugged into the AP-16 and the AP is wired to the Prop1 serial.  The DC16 commands are working fine.  If I press the reset button on the AP-16 it plays the file once.  But it is like it is ignoring the serial commands from the Prop1.  I haven't changed anything in this setup.  What would be causing this?  I've replaced the Prop1 and get the same results.

Jeff

davisgraveyard

After a little more testing I am able to get the sound file to play buy pressing a flat head screwdriver on the 2 dip switches A1 and A0 set to on. If I press them forward real tight with the screwdriver the audio starts playing.

Sounds like a corroded dip switch contact?

Jeff

bsnut

That makes since. You can try to replace dip with a new one by soldering the new one in if you want.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

Could be, but those switches are designed for bad environments. Toggle it back and forth several times to see if you can make it clean.  Also....

-- Make sure the firmware is the latest version
-- You can use $FF as the address in your AP-16+ commands if you're only using one (this is the global address)
    * this does not work with any command that provides feedback (e.g., version and status)
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office